Release Notes – May 2020
Jun 5, 2020 8:12 pm
Teletherapy, including screen sharing, is now available in Fusion! Start providing care remotely by signing up for our HIPAA compliant teletherapy feature in Admin → Add-Ons.
- Schedule teletherapy appointments easily using your Fusion calendar.
- Use your existing appointment reminders and patient portal to help your patients get connected to their teletherapy sessions.
- Share your screen to work through worksheets, review homework assignments, and read through resources together.
- Fusion’s teletherapy video platform is secure, with all streams encrypted end to end.
- Multiple people can join in on one session and all be seen simultaneously.
- The secure in-session chat feature helps keep the communication flowing.
Check out our teletherapy help articles to learn more.
Patient vs. Clinic Appointment Cancellation
When canceling an appointment, you’ll now choose between Patient Canceled and Clinic Canceled . Use the Clinic Canceled status when you don’t want the cancellation to count toward the patient’s cancellations.
Key Insights and saved reports also now distinguish between patient and clinic cancellations.
Other Key Updates
- You can now search for patients by their Medical Record number from the “Search Patients…” field in the upper left of Fusion.
- The clinic’s time zone will now appear in the online appointment notification on the patient portal for joining a teletherapy appointment.
- You can now include a Teletherapy column in the Appointments, Charges, and Claims insights, which shows whether the associated appointment is set to use Fusion’s teletherapy.
Bugs We Squashed
Our engineers corrected several issues you helped bring to our attention. Here are just a few!
- For claims with a location for POS 02, the location’s information will now automatically appear in box 32.
- When a teletherapy appointment is scheduled or edited for a past date or time, an email is no longer sent to the patient’s contacts.
Note: This is based on the start time of the appointment.
- For clinics with centralized billing, billers can now assign diagnosis pointers when they open a daily note from Billing → Charges.
- In an evaluation, the Time Frame option for goals will now work as expected. Previously, only data points since the last assessment could be included.
- If reminders for status updates are turned off in Clinic Options, the count of reminders next to the Status Updates page in the Schedule tab will no longer appear.